Local Political & Election Campaigns Management: How to Win local Election?
Through extensive research & statistics shows how digital & social media has become more valuable in our business & personal lives:
- Social Media has overtaken porn as the #1 activity on the Web
- If Facebook were a country it would be the 1th largest in population size
- 90% of Tweets happen on mobile devices
- Google now processes over 40,000 search queries every second on average (visualize them here), which translates to over 3.5 billion searches per day and 1.2 trillion searches per year worldwide.
- 24 of the 25 largest newspapers are experiencing record declines in circulation because we no longer search for the news, the news finds us.
- More than 1.5 million pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photos, etc.) are shared on Facebook, YouTube daily.
- Whatsapp, E-commerce, email marketing, sales funnel and a lot of other digital concepts are replacing old traditional techniques.
- 80% of consumers trust peer recommendations; only 10% trust advertisements
- The fastest growing segment on Facebook is 16-65 year-old male/females
It has been proved in various ways as digital marketing and social media is NOT a fad, rather it is a fundamental shift in the way we communicate and we have to accept the facts.
The Barack Obama campaign was the first political campaign in history to truly harness the clout of social media to spread the word, reap support and get people involved. The Obama campaign reached 5 million supporters on 15 different social Networks over the course of campaign season; by November 2008, Obama had approximately 2.5 million (some sources say as many as 3.2 million) Facebook supporters, 115,000 Twitter followers, and 50 million viewers of his YouTube channel. The campaign team didn’t just create a facebook page and a youtube channel and expect things to kick-off themselves rather they created an environment of energy and participation, imbued in the participators a sense of purpose which enabled people to connect in real time and show their support.